John Denver's concern for the world and the environment went far beyond
what we hear in the lyrics to his music. He founded "The Windstar
Foundation", "The Hunger Project", "Plant-It 2000' and served on the
Board of Directors or Advisory Board for a number of other organizations
as well. Here are some other organizations:
- Alaska Rainforest Campaign
- ARCTIC NATIONAL WILDLIFE
CENTER FOR ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
- The Aspen Center for Environmental Studies has educational programs
every day! Naturalist guided snowshoe walks in winter; in summer
naturalist guided wildflower and wildlife walks at Hallam Lake, Maroon
Bells, Aspen Mountain and Snowmass.
- The Cousteau Society is a non-profit,
membership supported organization dedicated to the protection and
improvement of the
quality of life for present and future
generations. John wrote the song "Calypso"
Cousteau and the crew of the ship
- EARTH ISLAND INSTITUTE
- EARTH SHARE OF MISSOURI
- John Muir
Exhibit and the John Muir
- MURIE CENTER
- John wrote the song "A Song For All Lovers" in honor of Mardy & Olaus
Murie. They founded "The Murie Center."
- NATIONAL ARBOR DAY FOUNDATION
- NATIONAL PARKS AND
- Established in 1919, the NPCA is America's only private, non-profit
organization dedicated solely to protecting, preserving and enhancing the
U.S. National Park System.
- NATIONAL RESOURCES DEFENCE COUNCIL
- The Rocky Mountain Institute is a nonprofit research and educational
foundation with a vision across boundaries. Its mission is to foster the
efficient and sustainable use of resources as a path to global security.
- Links to information on Trees
- Wildlife links on the www
- Rocky Mountain High